Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday...

Hey People!

How the heck are you doing?!

Sorry but I fell asleep yesterday…I was more tired than I thought cause I fell asleep playing Candy Crush. BUT it turned out to be a good thing since I passed a level in my sleep! I don't know how I did that I just know that this morning when I got up and turned on Candy Crush it said Level Completed….WOW!!!! AWESOME!!!!

I was going to skip tonight BUT I thought once I start skipping then I will find an excuse to skip everyday!

Yesterday was my nephew, Michael's birthday. I remember when he was born his mom had to be air vac down to Phoenix, to St. Luke's Children's hospital. His mom didn't know she was pregnant so when she went into labor….SURPRISE! Michael was born with a heart problem and had to be on a heart monitor for the first year of his life. Talk about moving quickly and heart stopping moments when that monitor would go off!!! WHOA NELLY!!!! Thank God that it was usually because the monitor wasn't making a good connection to the leads or something had gotten underneath the lead.  I remember I took him to church one time with that monitor…he was so tiny…I almost dropped him! I was trying to get him, the monitor, the baby bag with the bottles and stuff and then he was wrapped in all these blankets…I lost him somewhere in the blankets and when I got to the car I was freaking out cause I couldn't find him!!!! FINALLY at the bottom of the all the blankets hanging on barely there he was. THANK GOD I DIDN'T DROP HIM!!!!

I don't have any children, God knew better than that! BUT I am currently responsible for two people who are just as helpless as my nephew was at that time. My sister who has brain damage and is "mentally handicapped" and my niece who has Down Syndrome.  I don't know if it is the same as what most mothers go through BUT I can tell you my hair is gray…what little I have left AND sometimes I don't sleep thinking about what could happen to them. How do you moms do it? That is a LOT of pressure!!!!

Happy birthday MICHAEL DOUGLAS WESTBROOK!!!!

Hats off to all you mothers out there!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

See ya when I see ya! 

Peace! 

Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment