Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Don't Forget the Good Times….

Hello People!

I am going to make this short and brief…hopefully!

I hope this blogs finds you all well and smiling!!!!:D) Smiles can show the world that you will not be beaten no matter what comes your way.  AND you won't! Just remember people will only do what you allow them to do…SO don't let them do it!!!

I work in the legal field and unfortunately the area of practice is not one of the most glamorous…is there a glamorous field in law? I don't know I just know that Family Law is not it….well I guess maybe if you were working on getting children adopted that would be good. BUT...

People going through divorces or custody battles seem to lose themselves in the battle, they are so set on being able to 'get' the other person that they do things I don't think they would normally do if they weren't consumed with the fight. It's like once the papers are filed they forget the years they spent,long each other or strongly liking each other, starting a family, raising children or starting a business and growing it from the ground up. What about the good memories…what was it that made you say "I DO" when you said those words. In the throws of divorce or a custody battle nothing seems to be out of bounds, personal attacks and the children are all fair game. SAD!!!  

God forbid any of you should find yourself in this predicament….BUT should this be the path your life takes…try to remember to take the high road, don't wallow in the mud(pain) and drag everybody else in with you(children…personal attacks). Focus on the good times you had during your marriage, remember why you said I DO! And if all else fails remember that just because this door is closing, there is also another one opening…walk through it with your head held high and a smile on your face and you will see how much sooner you will get over it. The good times and a good support system and you will be surprised how quickly things will change. 

I'm just sayin'

See ya when I see ya! 

Peace! 

Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment