Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stay away from Texas...or road trips for tractors!

Okay here is another post/blog for you all... I have a request for this story, it took me three days to write it so it is only appropriate that I post it over the next three days. Honestly I had forgotten about this incident and when I was asked to post it, I had no idea what the heck the requester was talking about...BUT guess what...out of the 'sky blue' my sister sent me this story previously sent to her in March of 07. Here ya go...enjoy

SO! Hello People!
To the people I use to work with I heard that your new supervisor is a "JOY" so I figured I would include you in this email to make you smile and let you know that life is like a box of chocolates.....sometimes you get that nasty cherry/orange paste filling in your chocolate or that one with the unidentifiable filling in the chocolate that you immediately spit out cause its just nasty! And sometimes you get that sweet caramel or the nougat filling that is just lovely... You just never know what you are going to get! I guess you know which one you got!!! (Smiley face).
SO here is a story for you, yes it is true and it happened to me. Some of you know that Gary and I took a trip across country to pick up a tractor, it wasn't actually across country just across the State of Texas which is pretty much the same thing. We left last Wednesday. Anyway, to get to the part of Texas where we were going we had to go across the ENTIRE State of Texas! 24 hours of driving in the Jeep with Gary, lovely!
Our first night we drove through some weather and lots of wind, rain and some snow. Gary did most of the driving going and all the driving coming back. We stopped the first night in Santa Rosa New Mexico at what looked like a nice hotel. The first room we go in the smoke alarm is chirping because the batteries are low or it is suffering from a power surge or something. Gary says, "well I can't listen to that all night, YOU need to call the front desk and tell them about it." I said why do I have to call why don't you call you are the man. Gary, "But you are better at it." NO you call.... five minutes of this he finally calls. SO we move four rooms down and we get into the room and I pull the sheets back and inspect the bed. There is hair in it.... Gary says, "stop looking at the bed and get in it, if you look for stuff you are going to find it!" SO I get in..... put my feet down to the bottom of course because of my height I usually put them out the covers on the bottom..... BUT I digress. I get in put my feet down at the bottom and I feel something. I jump up and I run and turn on the light all the while I am yelling at Gary to GET OUT OF THE BED! GET OUT OF THE BED! ITS NOT CLEAN. Gary meanwhile is just laying there going....what? What are you talking about? I am still yelling GET OUT OF THE FREAKING BED! I turn on the lights and look.... there are freaking SOCKS in the bottom of the bed! SOCKS were made up in the bed! Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!! Is that not a clue that there is a problem here! Gary is still just laying there........ idiot! Gary goes over to the other bed..... pull the covers back and I look, it looks clean and un-slept in previously but I am not sure. Gary says I am tired and I want to go to bed.... fine..... we stay. In the morning I go down stairs and the morning desk clerk gets to start her day off with me in her face!!!!! Room...... no charge! Now this is just the first day of the trip.... it appears it was also a hint and a half for things to come but we had to get that tractor!!!!!! I'll send you the rest of this story later..... Have a lovely!!!!!!!!!
Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment