Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lunch Disaster!!!! CALL 911!!!

SO... WHAT? YOU DON'T PAY I CALL 911! I CALL 911!

What the hell is that about! Anyway, I was telling the people where I work about the insanity at lunch and one of the ladies I work with said you should write a letter to editor. I was thinking something along the lines of this...

Today my friends and I went to a Thai restaurant for lunch to celebrate a friend leaving and belated birthdays. There were six in our party and we sat and talked for only a MINUTE as the wait staff seemed most anxious to take our order even though she was told when she came to the table that we weren't ready to order. Well I guess there was a reason for that, but what that reason was I have no idea! BUT what happened next... well lets just say it was not hospitality at its best. Some of the ladies at the table order some egg rolls but changed their mind and ordered spring rolls instead. (They got both.) Everyone placed their orders and we were served our drinks. Then we were served our salads, then an appetizer then our dishes. Food was not anything to write home about but the spice level was up...unfortunately our water levels were down and no refills were to be found. The bill comes and everyone puts in their share and we all have agreed that the tip went down with the water! The waitress is questioned on the total of the bill wherein we are told that the $11.00+ dollars on the bottom of the tab is the "gratuity". We refused to pay the GRATUITY and are accused by the waitress of refusing to pay to the BILL, to which she says, "YOU DON'T PAY I CALL 911! I CALL 911!" I don't believe there was a misunderstanding on what we were questioning or refusing because it was pointed out to the waitress and stated plainly YOU don't get a tip you have only been to this table twice once to take the order and once to bring the food... and we haven't seen you since... "YOU DON'T PAY I CALL 911!!" I didn't realize that you could extort gratuity especially for lousy service!

Needless to say we don't go to that Thai restaurant anymore...



2 comments:

  1. Mattie, You should know this routine since it was invented by your former employer! She gets paid regardless of the crappy job she does and even though you ask for help you still get screwed! I have a big green guess which thai place you were at.hee hee

    Mandy

    p.s. I love that I have a place to come read your great stories, although I miss getting to hear them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just say it - Service at DARA THAI sucks! That wasn't the first time we had horrible service there - with no satisfaction. I think that was also one of the places where they thought Tiffany was your child. :)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete