Monday, August 3, 2009

Sometimes life is not funny.... or is it?!

DISCLAIMER: The following story may not be suitable for small children or adults who are lovers of animals. This story is true but it does deal with the death of a animal... Just wanted to put that out there in case someone read this and became hysterical. This is a story I sent to my friends in August of 2004.

Hello People! I know you are all just a twitter because it is Monday and the sun is shining and the birds are singing and the bees are buzzing!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good!

SO! Let me tell you about the weekend. It was pretty uneventful to start off nothing to do and lots of time to do it in.... that is a good weekend! On Saturday the traffic out by the house was just horrendous! (Now keep in mind where we live traffic consists of about five (5) cars in as many hours)...Cars flying by coming and going..... I was saying, "Gary who is that?!" He would say that is the neighbor up on the hill... "Who is that?!" I don't know who that is maybe the people who bought the property below us.... "

Gary look there is a back hoe going down the street! Gary looks out and he says "OH! I bet Reed had to shoot his horse....he expected it to die last winter but it hung on!" I said oh... SO Gary is looking out the window and he sees all the neighbors have gathered..... He said yeah he probably had to put him down. SO the day goes on and the neighbors start coming out and Gary stops one and sure enough they had to shoot the horse! I said I didn't hear any gunshots.... Gary said you wouldn't from that far away....

SO it is just about dark....dusky dark.... not really dark but you can't see much either kind of twilight! I am sitting by the window watching TV and I hear this braying! I turn the TV down and listen...nothing! I turn it back up and I hear this braying again.... and some trots..... I am thinking to myself, "AH HELL that horse got up and now it is standing outside the window!!!!!!" I kind of look out but not really cause I am thinking night of the living dead kind of thing....... SO I yell at Gary that there is a horse outside..... he doesn't think it is funny cause you know he has been crying about the horse since they shot it!! He said, "THERE IS NO HORSE OUT THERE AND THAT IS NOT FUNNY!" I said Gary I hear a horse outside.... so he asks me "WHAT DOES A HORSE SOUND LIKE?!" I said oh NO he didn't! THERE IS F$%)$&% HORSE OUTSIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!

He gets the spot light and goes outside and sure enough there is a horse out there!!!!!!!!!!!!! The horse that was shot was female, the mother of the horse that was outside braying and crying looking for its mother!!!!!! I said Gary call the neighbors and tell them their horse is out.... GUESS WHAT?! He can't call because he is crying!!!!!!!! "That horse is looking for its mother.... he can probably smell the blood down there and thinks she is hurt and he is looking for her!" I said Gary they didn't bury the horse or get the blood up? He said, "Dee pulled the horse down so that Bob could shoot it, 'cause Reed couldn't do it because he has had that horse for 20 years!!!! So there was probably some blood on the ground!" I said why didn't they just dig the hole...push the horse in and then shoot it!"

All night you could hear that horse outside braying and running and crying...... it was spooky!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that....it was a pretty good weekend..... got some cleaning down and some work done on the porch... got the car cleaned out.... you know piddly stuff!

See ya when I see ya!

Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment