Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Be careful of what you say...

Hello People! I hope all is well with you and yours! It has a been awhile since I posted a blog on this site about 7 days ago or so...I guess I should do better. I think I was thrown for a minute when I talked to two friends and they both told me they enjoyed reading my blogs. I don't know why that threw me, I put the blog out here for people to read it but I guess it just never occurred to me who would be reading it other than the people I use to bombard with emails. I was wrong. ANYWAY to whomever is reading this I appreciate it! I would appreciate some feed back too that will give me an idea of what 'stories' you all want to hear.

SO here is an update I have been among the ranks of the unemployed since November of 2008, and I have recently started looking for employment. The search has been interesting to say the least in the small town where I live there is nothing and in the small town that I come to everyday there is not much more. I have however had some interviews, one they chose to go with someone else as you may have read previously and the other two have not made decisions yet. In one of the interviews they requested that I take a 'Personality Test'. A Personality Test...what is that? Prior to beginning the test it states that most employers hire people based on their experience and skills, only to have to fire them later because of their attitude and behavior. I thought that was called life. I guess we are trying to avoid real life now-a-days. The test itself is a series of statements and you are suppose to choose the statement that MOST describes you and then the one that LEAST describes you. A statement in the test could be anything, i.e. "are you easily led, are you a follower" or "are you aggressive" or "are you laid back and easy going", etc. Now without these statements being put into some sort of context I am sure we all agree that any of these statements could "most or least" define you based on the situation.
(I can't recall all the statements there were random and unless put into some sort of context there was really no way to answer them because any or all of them could mostly describe you or least describe you.) I have been telling everyone that I talk to about this test that it is hard to say, you know if you are going over the edge and no one is taking charge I think you would step up and take control of the situation which may be considered by some to be aggressive. BUT if someone else has the situation under control you would obviously sit back and let them do their thing. I don't know what my results were for this test I would be interested to see but I haven't gotten a call back from that attorney's office. I told the lady when I was done taking the test that the results would probably say I was crazy! She laughed and said she has never taken a personality test and would like to do so. I thought well if you work here and you didn't have to take this test then why am I? Oh well we all know it is an employers 'market' so they can do or request what they want now because people are desperate for jobs. SERIOUSLY! You have people with Masters or Doctorates applying for jobs at the local fast food restaurant. SAD! But now is not the time to give up! I know things are going to change and they will work out the way they are suppose to. If you don't know that NOW you know!

I went by the attorney's office where I last worked to thank him for his kind words to my potential new employer, I said I don't know what you said but the attorney I interviewed with told me "You come highly recommended!" so whatever you said must have been good! He then told me that he told them, "she works hard, she will get the job done, etc. BUT she will also tell you what she will NOT do." I guess you should be careful what you say and do because at some point in time it will come back to you. Lesson learned. But regardless of that comment by my previous employer the potential new employer was still impressed.

Time will tell which one of the two jobs I interviewed for is the one I am suppose to have and I will let you know. If it turns out that neither of them come to fruition then obviously there is something better out there for me. This same philosophy goes for you as well, if whatever it is you are hoping for does not happen, don't worry there is something better!

See ya when I see ya!


Peace! Mattie

1 comment:

  1. I hope this one works out, can't wait to hear...

    ReplyDelete