Tuesday, February 10, 2015

50 and FAB-U-LOUS

Hello People!!! How the heck are you on this Terrific TUESDAY!!!! I hope this writing finds you well and in good health!!:D) As I ascend into my FIFTIES I have noticed that even in these first 7 months there are somethings that have changed about me that I didn't think could. HOT FLASHES!!! They are a common thing BUT the only thing that gets hot on me is my head! can you imagine you head just heats up to 10,000 degrees for a 15 seconds then you are back to 'normal'. WHO DOES THAT?! I DO!!! Sweat pouring off every possible open pore on my forehead, face and neck.....UGH!!!!! BUT HEY I am 50 and I am FAB-U-LOUS!!! I can't see small writing anymore I have these 'progressive' glasses that have "Bifocals" in them 'only a slight magnitude' so I am not blind yet! BUT I can wear them and trip over thin air because depending on where I am looking through the glasses there might be a change in distance, which throws my perception off and I step when there is no step, don't step when I should and trip when the ground is flat. BUT HEY I am 50 and I FAB-U-LOUS!!! I noticed that my knees are starting to crack, crackle and POP when I stand up, and standing up takes a little more effort these days. UNLESS there is an insect involved and then I can do this hunchback of Notre Dame thing where I am running hunched over...kind of like Lurch! BUT my hair looks good and I am still in pretty good shape and let's not forgot most importantly I am 50 and I am FAB-U-LOUS!!!! You all know that I take care of my niece and my sister, my niece is doing EXTRAORDINARILY well these days so now I find myself thinking is her attitude age appropriate for 16 or do I need to discuss upping her medication. I heard her say this morning,as I was telling her for the umpteenth time to GET DRESSED and COME ON!!!, that I make her sick..."you make me sick." Now I am thinking is that just the attitude of a 16 year old early in the morning or do we need to up her medication cause there is no way I can make anyone sick...I am GREAT! I am ME! I am 50 and I am FAB-U-LOUS!!!!! Kids can really check your ego for you...TRUST ME!!! I have a few more months of being 50 then I will move on up to 51 then 52 and so on God willing and now I look forward to seeing what else is going to change...my attitude? NAH!!! My looks? NAH!!! ME??? NAH!!! I am 50 and I am FAB-U-LOUS will be my mantra from now until I am 80!!!! I hope you all find your mantra and happy place and don't let anyone or anything change you! Not even mother nature making you sweat and creek or kids checking your ego for you!!! It is another day above ground and the sun is shinning let's make it do what it do.... LET'S GET IT!!!! See ya when I see ya! Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment