Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Evaluation...Have You Evaluated Yourself....

Its HUMP DAY!!!! Guess what day it is??? Oh yeah I just told you ITS HUMP DAY!!!! Question. Have you ever done a self evaluation? Have you ever looked at yourself and thought back to your childhood and through your teen years, young adult into adulthood and evaluated yourself. Did you make the right choices at times or did you make mistakes? If you made a mistake did you learn from it? If you knew then what you know now how would you have done things differently? I sit and think about these things sometimes. I know that from childhood to now I have gone through some things that I wouldn't wish on anyone BUT I hope I learned... I have LOTS of things now that I didn't have back then, but I have come to the conclusion that THINGS don't make me happy. People don't make me happy. What makes me happy is being able to take care of my sister and my niece, being with my friends, Gary (on occasion when he is not annoying the hell out of me) AND my relationship with the Creator. I try not to get to caught up in the creations and forget who I believe created it. And let me say the I in that sentence is emphasized BOLD AND ITALICS and larger font if you please. I am not here to debate 'religion' or your belief versus my belief, I am just here to tell you that MY beliefs make me happy! Do yours? In the grand scheme of things we all want to be happy and if you are not happy with where you are, who you are and what is going on around you...do some self evaluation find out what the common thread or denominator is in each situation that you are unhappy about and then evaluate it. I did. I looked back over the jobs I have had in the past and I thought about them and what happened...mostly I (emphasis added) got pissed and I quit. I (emphasis added) didn't like the something and I walked away...BUT then I realized that I needed to look at me and stop looking over at Jane and finding fault with Jane, and try to figure out what is wrong with me! Its time to do some self inventory and find out what things you can change with yourself or about yourself that is keeping you from being HAPPY! Time is truly to short not to be happy and in the end most people who aren't happy, haven't really looked at themselves. Just some thoughts that crossed my mind as I was thinking about my niece and how far she has come, she got to the last three steps on the stairs today and turned around and walked down SLOWLY backwards!!!:D) AMAZING! You have no idea how awesome that is, we are talking about someone who has to sit and scoot down the first flight of stairs on her butt cause she is so afraid, but then gets to the bottom and walks down backward. Ain't that nice!!!! Evaluate yourself people, how you present yourself in the world affects the world around you. Make sure you are having a positive affect!!! LET'S GET IT!!! See ya when I see ya! Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment