Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sitting in the library....

Hello People! How is every little thing...

I am sitting in the library an interesting place to be and people watching and listening....

There is a lady in here who is sitting with a tutor I believe who is teaching her to speak English. She is Asian or Philippine and although I am sure he is a nice man he seems to be condescending to her... that is really sad! He tells her she is needs to learn to pronounce the English language better and work on her speech...hhhmmm isn't that what he is suppose to be helping her with? I then hear him say that he is going to find someone who can help her with chemistry instead of teaching her English "that seems to interest you more". I am not sure of the relationship but it seems as though if they were married it would be more like a love hate thing....

A mother and daughter are in here sharing their love of books and authors the daughter brings over a book to her mom and ask if she has read any of them before... the mother replies "I gave these to you to read a long time ago...." Mother daughter relationship are always interesting. I was reading a book by T.D. Jakes entitled "Momma Made The Difference". I didn't get very far in the reading because it appeared to be a read for people who get along with or have a relationship with their momma. My mom was not a really nice person BUT most people don't know that. I am sure you have heard of the "Three Faces of Eve".... yeah well you get the point. Anyway, I find it hard to sit idly by when I see people mistreating their mothers, ESPECIALLY, if their mother is a nice a person. I also find myself envious of people who have good relationships with their mom, which is something I never had. Too much water under the bridge and too many hard feelings to forget but I attempt to let it go whenever I can...

I have a friend who lost her grandmother it appears from the way she speaks about her that her grandmother was an important part of her life. My grandmother lived 24 hours away...I use time because we would always drive to see her and it took 24 hours and we usually would drive straight through. It was ugly! My grandmother was a nice person, she always would be glad to see us when we came and always wanted a hug and a kiss... the kissing part was weird cause grandma always had a "dip of snuff" in her mouth and it was GROSS! AND if you knocked over the spit can...ugh my stomach just turned.... But she was my grandma and I always felt welcome in her home and loved! Grandma has been gone awhile now, I only had the one because my mom's mom had passed away WAY before I was born. I wonder what she was like? Was she nice? What did she look like? I am told all the time I look like her, which means she was obviously gorgeous....but what did she look like really? Would she have made us feel welcome in her home? Would there have been love there?

In these times when things are so uncertain it seems that we should make an effort to be kinder to one another than is necessary and show those we care about how much we do care. The holidays are approaching and another year is about to come to an end....what kind of impact have you made on someone's life this year? I was looking at my one of my other Internet accounts... there was a quote on there from Rev Run....RevRunWisdom "You don't need to a reason to get up in the morning. You should be the reason someone gets up!" Think about that... we should all work on that...

I am not sure where this blog came from but....it obviously needed to be said.

See ya when I see ya!

Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment