Sunday, November 6, 2011

Time to Walk

Hello People!

How the heck are you doing? I hope this blog finds you well and in good health. It is almost time for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure Breast Cancer walk and I am not ready! I have not trained as I should and the walk starts on Friday, November 11, 2011!!! OUCH! It is going to be interesting... I have a source of inspiration someone I am going to be writing about soon who has been diagnosed with cancer (pancreatic) but has never said a mumbling word about his situation or what he is going through. AMAZING!!! I went to see Scott on Friday in the hospital and they let him go home while I was there. I said that I was going to drive home that night which would have meant driving from Phoenix to Williams, and Scott showed more concern for me driving than he did for himself. Scott has a shunt in his stomach, was on a feeding tube and can only 'eat' ensure, WHICH he uses to wash down the liquid morphine because one he can't take it in pill form and two it has a bad after taste. My understanding is that most people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within the first year of diagnosis, Scott was diagnosed I think 4 or 5 years ago and is still fighting. If he can keep up the fight while having his stomach stop functioning and enduring chemotherapy, what the hell would I look complaining about walking 60 miles. Seriously!!!

Once I get this walk over with I hope to start blogging again on a weekly basis. I hope to do a blog about Scott soon once I can get my thoughts and words together. What can you say about a man who has endured more than most of us can imagine and has never asked the question 'why me?'

See ya when I see ya!

Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment