Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!

Hello People!

How the heck are you doing? Summer is here and that means schools out, vacations, traveling playing outside and HEAT! Lots of HEAT!!! It seems to be getting hotter up here in the mountains, I don't remember it being this hot when I was little and outside running around playing....BUT in that same token I would rather have the heat than 6 feet of snow!!!! Snow will be here soon enough I am sure, as a matter of fact it was snowing here in May!

June is my birthday month and I am sure that my friends look forward to it coming if for no other reason than for me to shut up announcing my birthday! In my family there are SIX kids and all my sisters and brothers were born in September, within a two week period of each other. My oldest sister and brother are the same age for two or three days! But what does birthday mean anyway??? An annual celebration of the birth of a living thing...that is my guesstimate of what it means....I couldn't get the dictionary to pull up. I make a big to do about my birthday each year since I have gotten older because when I was little it was mostly forgotten. I guess when you have five other kids in one month to remember, it is easy to forget the odd one out. BUT that doesn't make it right. Everyone deserves a celebration at least once a year if not more often.

ANYWAY birthdays are also a time to reflect on another year gone, and the possibility of another year of things to come. I am knocking on half a century and in looking back at my life I can't see what I have accomplished? Half a CENTURY that sounds old when you say it out loud.... DAMN! Anyway...since I have been BLESSED to be here so many years I think it is about time I figure out some things. Remember those Infinity commercials with the guy from Fantasy Island, asking the question, where does this road lead? Why are we here? Do you know where you are going to? I think that last question was a lyric from a Diana Ross song....Valley of the Dolls theme or something. Does anybody have the answer to these questions whether the questions are philosophical or otherwise? I have been trying to figure out my purpose in life, another thing I have been bugging my friends about. My friends tolerate a lot from me now that I think about it, but that's just me!

My birthday has come and gone so now I have another year to make things happen. According to my goals my book should be almost ready for publishing and I should be completely back into shape. I have been told by doctors that the weight I was in High School and throughout my twenties and early thirties was not actually a healthy weight. My BMI (Body Mass Index) was in the unhealthy range....oddly enough though when I went to modeling school they told me I was overweight. Let that be a lesson to all you girls out there idolizing models they are UNHEALTHY and you should NOT want to look like them it is not healthy. SO instead of shooting for the weight I was back then I am aiming for the low end of the spectrum on the BMI scale.

I hope by this time next year I have figured out what I am doing and why I am here. I hope that the book is where it is suppose to be and that I am healthy. I hope the same for those of you who are reading this blog. I hope that you are healthy, happy and exactly where you want to be. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

See ya when I see ya!

Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment